Whether you are just beginning to sew or you’ve become a master at sewing, this computerized, high-tech machine is the ideal tool for quilting, constructing home décor items and other crafting projects. With 60 stitch choices built in, and one-step automatic buttonhole maker in 7 styles at your fingertips, you can construct, customize and personalize any clothing or projects you’re designing.
The Brother CS6000i Computerized Sewing Machine is lightweight and easily portable. The computerized functions are easy to use and select with the easy-to-read LCD display. This makes selecting the stitch length and width a breeze. The jam-resistant bobbin makes access to the thread and settings super simple.
Perfect for working on needlework projects, from standard to heavy duty, the Brother CS6000i Computerized Sewing Machine comes with the following features:
- Needle set in a handy accessory pouch
- Twin needles
- Three spool caps
- Spool pin
- Three bobbins
- Screwdriver and cleaning brush
- Seam ripper
- Eyelet punch
- Automatic needle threading system
- Dial style thread tension
- Six feed dogs
- Built-in free arm makes it easy to sew cuffs and sleeves
This Brother CS6000i comes with a hard case to keep it safe. The power cord and an operation manual in English and in Spanish are included, along with a handy printed Quick Start guide. There are multiple styles of feet included, such as buttonhole, overcasting, a monogramming foot, zipper and zigzag foot, a blind stitch foot and a button fitting foot. The electronic speed control lets you easily vary the speed to fit the material you’re working with. The easy bobbin winder includes a diagram printed on the top of the machine to show you exactly where to position the thread to wind the bobbin super easy. There is a start/stop button that lets you use the machine without the included foot control. The accessories can be stored in a compartment located in the arm of the machine.
The Brother CS6000i comes with some functions preset, such as the needle ending stitching in the down position but these features can be reprogrammed easily by following the step-by-step instructions in the owner’s manual. This machine is easily portable, weighing in at only 13 pounds and sporting dimensions of 16 x 6.7 x 11.4 inches. Purchase also includes a 25-year limited warranty with free phone technical support for the life of the product.
The included oversized table makes larger projects a snap with the Brother CS60001. The larger table was designed with quilts and larger projects in mind. It gives you the additional flat space you need when working with a larger or oversized project.
Quilters, both beginners as well as experienced masters, have expressed support for this amazing Brother machine. The oversized table of the CS6000i makes it easier to feed multilayers into the feed dogs. Use the walking foot to smooth multilayers of fabric or use the quilting foot for more precise placement of your quilting stitches. The quilting guide is designed to help you keep your rows of quilting stitches spaced evenly.
After all of that is said, the bottom line is the pros and cons of buying this machine over another. To help you with that decision, we’ve compiled a list of the best points and the not so good ones:
- One of the biggest advantages of this machine is the low price. That is a huge deciding factor for many.
- The Start/Stop button is a major convenience.
- The speed control slider comes in handy when switching between types of fabrics.
- The needle up/down buttons are time savers.
- The additional presser feet that come as standard accessories make different jobs much easier.
- The extra wide work table gives you room to operate.
- The hard dust cover not only prevents dust buildup but it also protects the machine from pets and children playing around it.
- Quiet operation.
- Makes uniform, sturdy stitches.
- Easy threading and drop-in bobbin features are great.
- You can’t adjust the presser foot pressure.
- The extension table doesn’t always snap into place evenly.
- Some internal parts and accessories are made of plastic.
- Turning the machine off returns the stitch settings to the default mode rather than saving your personal settings.
No matter what type of sewing you are doing or are planning to learn, this Brother CS6000i Computerized Sewing Machine should be on your “must have’ list.