Imagine yourself creating runway-ready, high-end fashions right in your own home for a fraction of the price you’d pay in a specialty store. All you need is your own imagination, your sewing skills, and the Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW Electric sewing machine. This amazing machine offers you couture-level remedies to common sewing problems so you can bring your sense of style to fruition. Whether you’re only now beginning to sew or you’re experienced at creating fashion or home décor projects, this Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW machine is ready to meet your needs. Beginners will love the free-motion stitching capability and the quickset bobbin. This prevents the top bobbin from jamming. The automatic needle threading system is a winner with beginners, too. If you can dream it, the Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW can help you bring it to life with its wide range of built-in features and included accessories. Here’s just a few of the specifics the Brother CS5055PRW offers:
- Free-motion stitching
- Variable stitch width
- Buttonhole styles built-in
- Bobbin winding system
- Automatic top bobbin drop-in
- 7-point feed dog system
But there’s more: some of the impressive features are worth a closer look:
- Lightweight portability: the Brother CS5055PRW boasts a small footprint and a carrying handle for your convenience. Because it is lightweight, it is easy to move around the house, or to carry to classes.
- Easy-to-read LCD display screen: the LCD display screen includes intuitive stitch selector capability. All you have to do is choose what stitch you want by using the push-button stitch selector. Your selection will then be displayed clearly on the LCD screen. You’ll see your selected stitch displayed along with the length and width of your stitch. It will also suggest the appropriate foot that’s needed for each type of stitch.
- Chart showing available stitch patterns: There’s a panel that shows you all the stitches available, putting all the available stitches at a glance.
- Well-lit work space: the work area is lit by an LED light that gives you bright light to illuminate all the details of your project. Works really well for viewing the patterns and stitching on a darker fabric.
- Threading the needle: the built-in automatic needle threader pushes your thread cleanly through the needle’s eye with the touch of a lever.
- Drop in top bobbin: drop in the bobbin, pull the thread up through the slot and you’re ready to start sewing. Winding the bobbin is easy and fast. Set the bobbin on the winder and place the upper thread. Then just press a button and the bobbin winds for you.
- Custom buttonholes: nothing says “professional” better than a neat row of consistent buttonholes. You can show off your attention to detail with the included 5 one-step automatic buttonhole accessories.
- Vertical spool pin: this feature helps ensure consistency in feeding of the thread. It works exceptionally well for metallic and other special types of threads.
- Feed system: with the high-tech feed system, you can tackle any fabric. The feed system moves the fabric smoothly so you get more precise stitches. With the drop feed system, your free-motion quilting projects can be completed with ease.
- Multiple accessories: for your convenience, there’s a handy pouch that contains the accessories you’ll want to keep close at hand:
- Three bobbins and a three-piece set of needles
- A handy cleaning brush and a custom screwdriver
- Seam ripper
- Extra spool pin
- Foot controller pedal
- Operation manual in English/Spanish and a Quick start guide
All of the above are great features and plus points when it comes to deciding which machine is right for you. But everything has a downside. So we’re adding a list of pros and cons to help you make your decision when deciding to purchase your sewing machine:
- The 50 stitches that come built-in provide enough variety for just about any project.
- Can sew through a variety of fabrics, including fleece and elastic.
- The technical support through Brother is exceptional.
- It has a 25 year warranty.
- The automatic threading and bobbin winding mechanisms have had some reported issues.
- More advanced sewers may find the machine’s capabilities somewhat limited.
Amazingly, that’s all the cons we could come up with. There’s no doubt that this machine deserves the Project Runway association. If you’re planning to design your own wardrobe or finish off some heavy-duty quilting projects, this may just be the machine for you.