The sewing machines should always be purchased by doing a lot of research about the brand, features, longevity, ease of use, performance and the overall value of the machine. A wrong decision will lead you to everyday frustration as you will be using a wrong machine for the wrong purpose just because of making a wrong investment. The Brother is a popular brand and this product XR9500PRW is a limited edition sewing machine which is good for amateurs and semi professional users. The professionals will also like it for a good range of tasks as the machine is versatile, value packed and can take on a variety of sewing projects including quilting. It has numerous on-board features which add to the value of the best sewing machine. It is a computerized machine with an LCD screen panel which can be used for managing all the operations of the machine.
It is one of the most economical computerized sewing machines which even the professionals can use for a variety of sewing jobs. There are 100 built in stitches and 8 x 1-step buttonholes. The 140 stitch functions and the free arm sewing capability make it truly a versatile system. The advance users can use it for advance sewing tasks such as quilting where the extended sewing area can be a huge support. The backlit LED lights are offered right above the sewing area. Further, the LCD screen is good for displaying all the relevant information regarding the functions, stitch information and all other relevant information. The threading system is convenient for the entry level users and the bobbin system is found to be totally jam resistant. It has a good full range of accessories included as well.
- It is meant to be a heavy duty professional sewing machine which can deal with heavier fabrics such as denim and leather with ease. You can even try to stitch multiple stitches by ensuring that you are using the right needle for the job.
- It comes with a huge range of useful accessories, where some of the items include the zigzag foot, buttonhole foot, blind-stitch foot, overcasting foot, zipper foot, needle set, seam ripper, spool pin, ball point needle, bobbins, screwdriver and an accessory pouch etc.
- The bobbin is the main thing which troubles even the sewing professionals, but its drop in top bobbin is fairly easy to use. There wouldn’t be any machine or thread jamming issues using the bobbin.</li> <li>The LED lights helps in making the sewing area brightened, which will make it easier to work on finer stitch details on the fabric.
- he system is offered with a free arm feature as well so if you have the job of making the sleeves or the legs of the trousers then it can be easily done using this feature.
- Some of the amateur and even the advance beginners find it really hard to make the straight stitches due to poor control of the machine. This can be frustrating as they are denied perfection in a very basic thing.
- The functionalities of the sewing machine are good but not easy to learn. Even the advance users at times struggles with the use of its different functions. You may have to go through the manual many times or search up for better understanding online through training manuals and videos in order to get a grasp over its functions and features.
- The computerized machine gives too much of error messages here and sometimes you receive an error message after every 3 to 4 stitches without any reason which of course can be extremely frustrating for the user.
The Brother XR9500PRW is an excellent computerized sewing machine offering a range of heirloom and decorative stitches. This is one of the best sewing machine which is versatile with its 100 built in functions, 140 stitch functions, free arm sewing capability, extended sewing area, backlit on-board light, LCD screen and a good bobbin system. You will love it also for its easy top drop bobbin and the convenient to use needle threading system. The major issue is with the difficulty in getting the straight stitches but apart from this it is a super product.