The sewing machines provide great versatility to the beginners and advance professional users as well. The machines are available in specific designs and special features for a particular expertise of users so that they could exploit the features as per their needs and comfort. The amateurs or the first timers in the sewing domain face a lot of issues as how to get going with the system. If they are attending the course, then there wouldn’t be any such issue, but those hobbyists who learn from home with the help of internet face some serious issues. This is a comprehensive guide which will introduce the amateurs with the basic know-how to work with the machine for the first time, and to help turn the sewing machine for beginners into an exciting new venture.
Learning about the parts will let you know about the use of a sewing machine:
The usage of a sewing machine can all be easily learned by knowing about its different parts and their roles in any sewing projects. A machine for the first time may look very frightening and complex to the amateurs and hobbyists who have little to no idea as how to use them properly. However, you must not let the fear of an unknown machine to keep you away from creating some fabulous fabric wonders. Rather, you should try to learn it as quickly as possible. The following are those crucial parts of the machine which will let you begin your simple projects with ease:
- Locating the Power Switch – Locating a power switch might sound silly, but the most modern machines with their weird designs makes it difficult sometimes to locate the power switch on the machine. Different machines have it located at different places, but generally for most of the machines it is usually on the right side of the machine’s body.
- Locating the spool pin – The spool pin is small size pin made from plastic or metal material. Its job is to stick right at the top of the sewing system and holds up the spool of thread which you use during your sewing projects. It is important, but very easy to locate as it is usually coming right from the top of the system.
- Looking for the thread guide – The responsibility of the thread guide is to direct the thread used right from the spool of the system to the bobbin winder on the sewing machine. It is a geometric type of a metal piece which hinges out of the top on the left side of almost all the sewing machines.
- Finding the Bobbin Winder – if you further explore your machine and this time on the right side, then the spool pin which is located on top side of the system; you will see another metallic or maybe a plastic pin. It is just next to the horizontal wheel of very small size. This actually is the bobbin winder stopper and the bobbin winder itself, which is of pivotal importance to the machine. Both the bobbin winder and its stopper works in tandem to wind up the thread right onto the bobbin, before you actually get going with your sewing project.
- Looking for the stitch attachment buttons – The location of the stitch attachment button varies considerably and it totally depends on the preference of the manufacturer of your sewing machine. But usually you will see them next to a small screen where the relevant stitch attachment button information is displayed. The purpose of these buttons is to select a particular type of stitching which you want to bring in your use for any type of sewing tasks. Further information about the buttons and their working can be accessed from the user manual of your product.
Now that you know how to start and where to begin, there is no chance that you would get into trouble while starting out your sewing journey. You will be able to handle your machine like a pro and will enjoy while working on your sewing machine. Remember to begin step by step and don’t lose your focus on each and every details and it would help you work smoothly and efficiently.