- There are many accessories offered for sewing machines in order to increase the amount of functions they can perform. Elastic foot sewing can allow a sewing machine to perform the function of attaching the elastic tape to a garment and finishing the seam. This can make for the flawless elastic band of a garment or a beautiful and unique design. Elastic foot sewing of the seam also makes sure that the seam is even in its ability to stretch.It may also be available for industrial machines in professional clothing manufacturing companies. These accessories are what make a garment look clean, professional and accurate once it is sewn.
Source Image: www.sewingmachinesandparts.com
- The user simply snaps on the elastic foot, inserts the needles and threads the machine. Depending upon what type of sewing machine he or she owns, a choice of what type of stitch and the width of this stitch may need to be chosen before the machine is threaded. The type of elastic tape chosen for the garment is up to the user and the type of garment he or she is creating. The elastic tape is then inserted into the elastic foot sewing accessory and the user can sew away. When using an accessory, the user should be sure to feed the fabric through the machine evenly to avoid any bunches of elastic tape. For a great finished look, the user can then top stitch the seam on the other side of the fabric. Garments that are put together with an elastic foot sewing accessory can have the look and feel of a professionally crafted garment.
- Industrial sewing machines can also be equipped with an this accessory. Professional clothing manufacturers will often turn to an this accessory to add an elastic band to garments. There are many sizes of accessories and attachments for industrial machines. An owner can find the right accessory for his or her machines with help from a professional. The industrial sewing machine owner can also choose the width of the elastic and top stitch that he or she will want on the garment and purchase an the accessory accordingly.
- The repair of these accessories is often quite easy. Any dealer, manufacturing company, or repair shop should be able to assist a consumer in repairing an elastic foot sewing accessory if it has broken. Sometimes if a consumer purchases an accessory that is not right for his or her machine or is the wrong size, the accessory or the machine can become faulty due to the mismatch. The accessory or machine should be able to be repaired by a professional.
- Sewing machine cabinets and Free-motion sewing is another form of sewing that many home users may enjoy and may want to buy accessories to perform. Free-motion sewing is when a sewing machine user creates patterns and creative decorations on materials using the sewing machine. Free-motion sewing may take some practice and accessories for a variance of stitches but most users can create beautiful garment, quilts and other pieces through this technique.