If you’re looking for an award-winning computerized sewing machine that offers a tremendous variety of stitches, can handle all types of sewing, and is constructed to last, the SINGER 7258 Stylist Award-Winning Computerized sewing machine is the one for you.
What’s so great about it?
That’s a hard question to answer because it’s difficult to know where to begin describing the features that come standard on this machine. This machine does have bragging rights to its award: it was named a Consumer’s Digest Best Buy. Here’s a list and brief explanation of some of the best offerings on this SINGER 7258:
- Easy threading system: It only takes seconds to thread this machine, thanks to the automatic needle threader. The threading instructions are embossed on the machine for you to follow easily. The automatic needle threader is a plus.
- Multiple presser feet included: There are 10 presser feet included with purchase to accommodate all of your sewing and quilting projects. The included feet are:
- An all-purpose foot that’s used for most utility and basic stitching
- Zipper foot for inserting a zipper, of course
- Buttonhole foot sews the patterns in the one-step buttonhole collection
- Overcasting foot is for overcasting stitches that go along the edge of your seam to finish it off
- Blind hem for finished hemming
- Satin stitch foot makes satin stitches for you
- Gathering foot creates a shirring effect by evenly bunching up the fabric as you sew it
- Rolled hem foot tucks your fabric under the presser foot to hid the seam edge as you sew
- Darning and embroidery foot is used for your free motion work
- Quarter inch presser foot for those quilting projects
- Workspace illumination: The sewing surface is lit with an LED light for clear, optimal viewing. The bulb is long-lasting, rated at 100,000 hours, and stays cool even when the machine is being operated for a long time.
- LED display screen: Whatever stitch type, stitch length and stitch width you select is displayed on the LED screen. Stitch length and width, regardless of the setting, are automatically set to the optimal setting. These automatic settings can be overridden if you want to be especially creative.
- Top drop-in bobbin: The top loading bobbin is so easy to insert, and the clear cover lets you monitor the bobbin function and thread supply.
- 100 stitch options: The SINGER 7258 offers an amazing 100 stitch options for you to choose from, including fashion sewing, quilting and heirloom stitching, craft and home decorative sewing. There are nine core stitches for constructing garments and projects, and for mending. You sometimes need stitches that will move with your fabric. There are eight stretch stitches included to take care of this. You can create special decorative details on anything you sew with the 76 ornamental stitches to choose from. And there are six different perfectly sized buttonholes that can be created in a one-step process.
- Programmable needle position: You can program the needle to stop at whatever position you desire, such as the highest up position to make it easier to remove fabric. If you’re doing appliquéing or quilting, you can program it to stop in the down position to make pivoting easy. After you unplug the foot control, you press the start button and watch the machine sew.
- Automatic tension: This feature makes certain that your stitch quality is perfect on all fabric types.
- Built to last: internal construction includes a heavy duty metal frame
This SINGER 7258 Stylist Award-Winning Electronic sewing machine has its upside and its downside, like any product. To break it down for you, here’s our list of pros and cons:
- This machine operates quietly.
- The internal metal frame gives it sturdy construction.
- Stitches are uniform, smooth, even and not puckered.
- The Start/Stop button is a great convenience.
- The speed control and programmable needle up/down position buttons are time savers and let you keep in control of your sewing.
- The clear covered, top loading bobbin is jam-proof and easy to work with.
- The stitch selection is amazing!
- 25 year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
- Owner’s manual is very clear and easy to follow and includes a DVD with lots of helpful information.
- Presser foot pressure is automatic but not adjustable.
- Stitch width is 5mm maximum, compared to 7mm options in other machines.
- Some accessories are plastic.
If you’re looking for a sewing machine that will hold up to your energetic sewing habits, and offer you the variety of features that can give your work a professional look, this SINGER 7258 Stylist Award-Winning sewing machine is ready to go home with you today.