Singer is a renowned brand which is popular for a number of decades. Their sewing machine models have revolutionized immensely over the years and the modern type of machines available today are computerized as well from the brand. This is in great contrast to their not so old models which were driven by hand for making just simple stitches over the fabric.
The 9960 Quantum Stylist sewing machine model from the Singer manufacturer comes with such amazing features that you will rarely see them as a combination in the other sewing machines. All these things make it a high selling model from the brand which has thousands of satisfied online customers of the machine and several others goes unnoticed with their feedbacks who purchase it from the dealers.
It is an excellent computerized machine with a bright backlit LCD screen. LED lights are used for brightening up the work area and the extension table also gives good option for managing the bigger jobs. There are 600 built in stitches, 13 one-step buttonholes and 5 different fonts that give endless possibilities to the professionals and also the novice users.
The one touch auto threader is good with trimming both the upper and lower threads. The electronic autopilot provides users with great comfort and ease in sewing by automatically controlling the machine without the use of foot pedal with error free results.
- The machine can easily stitch heavier and even multiple layers of fabric as well. All you need to do is to be sure about using the right needle for a particular type of fabric. You can easily stitch smoothly and neatly without any mess.
- The deal is excellent with a number of accessories such as the bobbins, needles, spool pin, dust cover, extension table, spool caps, relevant screwdrivers, quilting bar, foot controller and several other items.
- There are as many as 600 built in stitches, which are among the most offered by any manufacturer. Apart from this several other useful features are offered on board such as a backlit LCD screen, LED lights for illuminating the sewing area, auto bobbin winding, 25 needle positions, auto reverse and auto- pilot to stitch without the foot controller.
- It has as many as 13 perfectly sized buttonholes which are automatically selected. So for a beginner it would be a blessing to use as it has all the necessary functions to make a person’s task easy to accomplish.
- The machine is offered with an enormous warranty period of 25 years, which for many users is as good as a lifetime warranty.
- The extension table is added, but it is not up to the standards. The users have issue as it doesn’t gel up well with the rest of the system. The legs of the extension table move very freely which doesn’t provide the stability which the job demands.
- The bobbin case is low quality and a few customers have complained that they need to replace it after a few months of use which cost them some money. It may have caused some issues for users.
- The mother board is a bit unreliable and this brings the entire system to a halt. The replacement part even in the warranty can take up to 3 months, which isn’t feasible for the professional users.
This 9960 sewing machine from Singer manufacturer is nothing short of class. It has got as many as 600 built in stitches, which are too much of variety even for the professionals. The computerized machine has easy to use top drop-in bobbin, automatic needle threader and the ability to have a great control over the speed of the machine while stitching. The extension table is an issue with its applicability and difficulty in having the firmness in the legs. But, it is a quality product where 90 percent of the people have positive things to say about this sewing machine. You can try it out to have it as your long term sewing partner.
Last update on 2021-10-17 at 06:27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API