Janome is a popular manufacture in the sewing machine industry and their DC2013 model is a much talked about machine in the fraternity. It is suitable for beginner and mediocre users. The built of the machine is good and the computerized control with the LCD display is the Unique Selling Point of this system. You will surely be convinced when you evaluate the features, advantages and disadvantages of the machine in the sections to come.
The top features which make this machine a success:
The system will mesmerize you with a number of quality features. The price of the system is well justified if you have a look at the below given features:
- The offer is an exclusive Superior Feed System (SFS) feature which supports in delivering the unsurpassed stitching quality.
- The most notable on board features include50 built in stitch patterns and 3 buttonholes to give variety while doing different types of tasks.
- The computerized handling gives a memorized needle stop position. It would be a helpful for beginners to work easily as they go through the whole stitching process.
- There are a number of computerized stitch buttons which can be easily selected on board.
- The LCD panel displays the mode of function being performed. This feature helps the person to check the exact function he/she is using and it would lead to an accurate function without conducting any mistakes.
The unique advantages of the machine:
The following are the top most advantages which make it an excellent option for the beginner to mediocre users in sewing:
- The SFS feature is manufacturer specific that facilitates the users with a stitching experience par excellence.
- The computerized controls and easy to use functions on board give a lot of performance advantages to the users.
- It can perform exceptionally well through sewing multiple layers of heavy fabric.
- The built of the machine is not plastic like many of the other similar machines you will see in the market. This one is strongly build and can be used with the right peace of mind.
- The LCD display is unique and makes the entire process very convenient to handle.
- The machine overall is easy to handle and the entire needed support can be conveniently accessed from the easy to refer user manual.
- The machine is powerful and super quiet in performance. It can be used for various projects such as cloth stitching, soft furnishing items, quilting and scrapbooking etc.
The downsides associated with the system:
The below given downsides are worth having a look at before you decide on purchasing the machine:
- The needle threader adjustment and usage is a bit of a hassle for the beginners to get their hands on it. This adjustment would need a supervision from an expert user or sewing professional to help you to get through it correctly without getting jumbled into the task.
- It doesn’t come with a thread cutter which is an important feature for complicated sewing jobs.
- The basic sewing features are limited as the manufacturer unnecessarily has focused for on the embroidery features. It’s the most considerable drawback as if the beginner needs to practice on simple stitching tasks first before going to the next level or embroidery option, then he/she might not be able to do it in detail using all possible features that might be there to learn.
- The system despite being a computerized option doesn’t support to recall the recently used settings which is a setback. And the person using it may feel rather overwhelmed to adjust and prepare the machine properly before getting started on it.
The sewing machine has a lot of features for high level users. It can stitch through heavy fabric and its built is a sturdy one too. Some of the important features such as a needle cutter and the diversity in the stitching features are missing, but the versatility of the machine covers up well for these shortcomings. It could be a great choice for beginners in the sewing field and would be helpful for newcomers to start in an easy way without major problems.