- Larger workspace: This Brother Designio Series DZ2400 gives you a workspace that is 33% larger than comparable machines, and includes a wide table to accommodate larger projects such as formal wear, costumes and quilting.
- LCD display: Clearly seeing your selections is easy with the back-lit LCD display screen.
- Abundant accessories: Included with the DZ2400 are 12 interchangeable feet for sewing and quilting that make it easy for you to bring your custom designs to life. Included in the accessory collection are:
- A stitch guide foot
- A ¼ inch piecing foot
- A walking foot and a quilting guide to go with it
- A quilting foot
- A foot for monogramming
- A blind stitch foot
- An overcasting foot
- A button sewing foot
- A buttonhole foot
- A zigzag foot
- Stitch selection and adjustment: You can select the stitch you want with the touch of a button and adjust it to the length or width you want. Your selection is then displayed on the easy-to-read LCD display screen. There are 185 total stitch choices available, including:
- Different buttonhole styles. There are 8 styles, for lightweight, medium weight or heavy weight fabrics.
- A built-in sewing font to do basic monogramming. Also includes an additional 55 alphanumeric characters to choose from.
- A choice of overcast or zigzag stitches to prevent fraying at the seams
- A blind hem stitch to create virtually invisible hems for sleeves, skirts and pants.
- Easy buttonholes: There are 8 styles of built-in buttonholes. The one-step buttonhole process automatically sizes to fit the buttons you’re using, all at the touch of a button.
- Speed control: You can decide the speed at which you sew by using the slide lever to adjust stitch speed. There’s also a convenient start/stop button.
- Needle threading: the simple push of a lever on the side of the machine sends the thread automatically through the eye of the needle. Threading doesn’t get much easier than that.
- Drop-in bobbin: Includes the exclusive Brother Quick-set bobbin. The top-load, drop-in bobbin system makes certain your bobbin stays in place. This helps provide the reliable, smooth and even stitch quality needed for fine sewing.
As with all sewing machines, there are good points and not so good ones. Making a decision to invest in a sewing machine is a big decision, so we’ve put together a list of pros and cons to help you in making your own choice about a sewing machine purchase.
- Produces high quality seams that are not stretched or puckered.
- Lightweight and easily portable.
- Bright, easy-to-read display screen.
- Can be switched to manual mode with provided foot pedal.
- Presser foot pressure is adjustable.
- The needle up/down position saves time.
- Stitch selection at the touch of a button.
- Automatic threader for the needle.
- Thread spool not as sturdy as it could be.
- May be difficult for novice sewers to master some of the features.
- Does not have an automatic thread cutter.
- There’s no USB support for connecting to your computer.
The sewing machine market is a tough and competitive market. Each manufacturer has to try to grab the attention of those looking to buy sewing machines in an era when sewing is declining in popularity as a hobby. To get the attention a best-seller needs, a machine would need to catch the attention of many. That’s what the Brother Designio DZ2400 Computerized Sewing and Quilting machine does. It is worthy of a second, and even third, look when you’re ready to purchase your sewing machine.