- The bobbin wind is quite simple and easy to use. So, the beginners would not have any problem in learning or using this simple feature. Switching between the stitches is as easy as turning the dial. Then the threading is quite basic too. Overall, the machine is quite easy to use.
- The machine is extremely light in weight, so if you are frequently moving between the classes then you will have the comfort of carrying this machine with ease. Due to its light weight it offer great portability for people who have to carry their machine along with them for sewing courses and lcasses.
- As compared to the other machines, the Janome 2212 is relatively quiet in its operation. So, if you are sewing for a long time, then there wouldn’t be any weird noise that could be frustrating.
- The machine comes with several useful accessories such as the blind foot, zipper foot. Buttonhole foot, foot control. Bobbin, seam ripper and the needle set etc. All of these accessories prove to be very helpful in providing an easy sewing experience for beginners as well as advanced users.
- The sewing machine from Janome is offered with a 25 year warranty which is something quite unbelievable to see, particularly with the basic sewing machines for the beginners.
- The machine is found to be breaking, frequent needles which deny users to gain speed or do any of their projects without facing any serious hassle.
- The machine is ok for beginners, but might not be suitable for the advanced beginners who have a little more needs. But, this is a too basic machine with very limited built in stitches and lack of other critical on-board features as well.
- The machine is too light in weight, which sometimes carries a lot of issues too. It is not easy to use in terms of its firm holding over the table while sewing as it tends to fall down from the table. Further, cheap plastics also used for its construction.
The Janome 2212 is a very basic yet, the best sewing machine which is ideal for the novice users who are looking for convenience and some easy to use features. There are a limited number of built in stitches, but the machine offers easy selection through dial and some other good features includes the stitch width/ length adjustment, drop feed and easy to use features. There are some frequent needle breaking issues, which doesn’t let the beginners or the advance beginners to pick up the speed. Apart from this, it is a good machine for the beginners.